Fix the Time in BootCamp
Tuesday September 04th 2007, 6:47 pm
Filed under: OS X

Apple’s BootCamp for Intel Macs is pretty handy, but for Tiger users it’s still a beta product with a few bugs. I think the most irritating of these is its habit of jumping the computer’s clock forward or back by a few hours whenever you switch between OS X and Windows. In Windows, the jumpy clock behavior cannot, at least as of the 1.4 beta, be helped. But you can at least put a stop to it in OS X. Unintuitively, you’ll need to solve the problem by editing the Windows Registry–one giant monster file that keeps track of all your Windows application settings.

This tutorial is based on instructions from Georg Filios at Mac OS X Hints.

Step 1. Boot into Windows and double-click on the clock to set it correctly.

Step 2. Make sure you have Daylight Savings adjustment and time server synchronization turned off. Make a note of what time zone you’re using.

Step 3. Choose Run from the Start Menu:

Step 4. Type regedit to start the Registry Editor:

Step 5. In the Registry Editor, navigate to this directory:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\
SYSTEM\
CurrentControlSet\
Control\
TimeZoneInformation\

Step 6. From the Edit menu, create a new DWORD Value:

Step 7. Double-click on the new value you just created to edit it.

Step 8. Name it RealTimeIsUniversal (check your spelling again). Set the Value Data to 1 and leave the Base as Hexadecimal:

Step 9. Your finished Registry entry should look like this:

Step 10. Boot back into OS X and click on the clock to set it correctly. (If you’re using the Apple time server to set the clock, you can leave this on.) Make sure that you’re using the same time zone as in Windows.

Try switching back and forth between OS X and Windows a few times–the OS X clock should now stay set!

[…] 修改注册表的解决方法看这里(英文),为了方便大家看,我稍微翻译一下(略有修改): 第一步,启动Win,关闭系统的服务器时间同步和夏令时调整; 第二步,打开注册表编辑器,找到 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlTimeZoneInformation (没有就手动建立),在里面创建DWORD值,名称为RealTimeIsUniversal,值设为1(十六进制和十进制都可以),重启到Mac OS,以后Win的时间就和Mac OS的时间完全一样了。 […]

Pingback by xGun/xGewehr/阿甘's blog » 修改注册表完全解决Boot Camp的时间同步问题 08.07.11 @ 2:30 am

Hey exceptional blog! Does running a blog like this take a lot of work?
I have virtually no knowledge of programming however I had
been hoping to start my own blog soon. Anyways,
should you have any ideas or tips for new blog owners please
share. I understand this is off topic nevertheless I simply wanted to ask.
Thanks a lot!

[WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The poster sent us ‘0 which is not a hashcash value.

Comment by quest bars 02.18.16 @ 11:40 pm

Howdy would you mind stating which blog platform you’re working with?
I’m planning to start my own blog soon but I’m having a difficult time deciding between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.
The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most
blogs and I’m looking for something completely unique.
P.S Apologies for being off-topic but I had to ask!

[WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The poster sent us ‘0 which is not a hashcash value.

Comment by plenty of fish dating site of free dating 02.22.16 @ 11:11 pm

Thanks a bunch for sharing this with all folks you actually recognise what you are speaking approximately!
Bookmarked. Please also talk over with my website =). We will
have a hyperlink exchange agreement between us

[WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The poster sent us ‘0 which is not a hashcash value.

Comment by plenty of fish dating site of free dating 02.23.16 @ 12:18 pm

Residential proxies for seo and marketing: https://www.intl-alliance.com/store/cart.php?gid=30

Comment by Shiloh Lumbert 03.03.16 @ 10:22 pm