Types of Anti-Aliasing
Tuesday September 22nd 2015, 12:06 pm
Filed under: Concepts

POST-PROCESSING BASED
1. FXAA (Fast Approximate): Post-processes the final rasterized image to smooth edges. Very fast but poor quality, adding blurriness. Aka MLAA (Morphological).

2. SMAA (Subpixel Morphological): Like FXAA, but compares across multiple frames. Substantially reduces blurriness at a modest performance cost.

SUPER-SAMPLING BASED
3. SSAA (Super-Sample): Renders the scene at a larger resolution and downsamples. High-quality with no artifacts, but extremely slow. Aka FSAA (Full Screen).

4. MSAA (Multi-Sample): Detects the edges of geometry, renders only those areas at a higher resolution, then downsamples. Good balance between speed and quality but sometimes has inconsistencies between frames; hardware support can be limited. Aka EQAA (Enhanced Quality), CSAA (Coverage Sample).

5. TXAA (Temporal): Like MSAA, but compares the edges of geometry across multiple frames, delivering greatly improved quality with comparable performance. However, currently has extremely limited hardware support.

Comments Off on Types of Anti-Aliasing

We stumbled over here by a different page and thought I might as well check
things out. I like what I see so i am just following you.
Look forward to finding out about your web page again.

[WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The poster sent us ‘0 which is not a hashcash value.

Comment by quest bars 02.18.16 @ 9:58 pm

I blog often and I seriously appreciate your information. Your article
has truly peaked my interest. I’m going to take a note of your website and keep checking for new details about
once a week. I opted in for your RSS feed as well.

[WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The poster sent us ‘0 which is not a hashcash value.

Comment by quest bars 02.19.16 @ 3:52 am

What a material of un-ambiguity and preserveness of precious experience about unpredicted feelings.

[WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The poster sent us ‘0 which is not a hashcash value.

Comment by plenty of fish dating site of free dating 02.22.16 @ 10:23 pm

It is actually a nice and useful piece of info.
I’m glad that you just shared this helpful information with us.
Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

[WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The poster sent us ‘0 which is not a hashcash value.

Comment by plenty of fish dating site of free dating 02.23.16 @ 10:16 am

Residential proxies for United Arab Emirates: https://www.intl-alliance.com/store/cart.php?gid=30

Comment by Mitzi Haldane 03.01.16 @ 1:57 am